At St Clare Engineering, we are known for our capability in manufacturing high quality, bespoke forklift drum handling attachments. We also manufacture our Grab-O-Matic range of standard attachments straight off the shelf for moving a range of drum types, which makes delivery faster and more cost effective for clients.
Our range of standard Grab-O-Matic attachments
Our clients use many drum types and for each type we offer a number of attachments that make moving, lifting and tilting drums easier and safer:
- Rim Grip Drum Handlers: suitable for all steel drums (open top and tighthead) and plastic ‘L’ ring drums fibre drums can be accommodated on request
- Drum Rotators: Suitable for steel or plastic drums- fibre drums can also be accommodated on request
- Pedestrian Drum Handlers: Works with all steel drums and plastic ‘L’ ring drums, fibre drums on request
- Alternative handling attachments: Include crane slings, drum cages and scissor grab with suitability for a range of drum types
- Atex Stainless Steel Drum Handlers: All of our range of standard drum handlers can be manufactured suitable for use in ATEX spark proof environments. These handlers are suitable for steel, open top and tight head drums, plastic ‘L’ ring drums & fibre board drums on request.
Our standard attachments also include waist and rim grippers. Waist Grippers are suited to steel drums only with pronounced rolling rims. Alternatively, our rim grippers can handle drums of various diameters and sizes and will accommodate all steel, open-top and tight-head drums, plastic ‘L’ ring drums and most fibreboard drums. Single and double attachments give even more choice for clients who have a larger number of drums to move. We also offer Twin Headed single or double drum handlers for extra heavy drums up to 1000kg or light gauge steel or plastic or fibre drums. The ‘twin’ grab heads help spread the load on the rim of the drum.
The range of drum handling attachments that we offer means that our clients can find the right tool which is immediately ready for the job, to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
St Clare Engineering Ltd (Grab-O-Matic)
St Clare Engineering Ltd is a family business. We have been manufacturing a range of specialist, high-quality forklift truck drum attachments under the Grab-O-Matic trade name since 1959, to lift, move and tilt drums of various shape, size and weight.
We supply drum handling equipment to the oil, chemical, logistics and engineering industries globally, from the Arctic Circle to the Arabian Gulf. All components are manufactured in the UK and every unit is fabricated, hand-assembled and inspected at our factory in Eastleigh, Hampshire.